i got soul... but i'm not a soldier....
As much as i detest that song... it has kinda struck a chord with me... haha.. pun...
I always thought "soul-searching" was something people did on tv. Usually it's somet kind of line that signals the end of a commitment, like quitting a job, or breaking up with a significant other...
"It's not you... it's me. I need to do a little... soul-searching."
I never thought that i might go on one of these journey's some day. As it turns out I didn't quit my job and i'm still more in love with Joanie than ever. So what's the occasion? Ever get that feeling...? That sudden existential crisis? What am i here for? What the heck am i doing right now? Am i fooling myself? Have i been doing what i really wanted for the past year or have i just been following some kind of path that has resulted from the various pressures coming from all different directions?
I guess it's nothing new. If you've read my blog more than once, you'll find that a lot of my posts centre around a common theme... that I am trying to figure out what to do with my life and this blog is a representation of the many thought processes that come and go.
Until about a week and a half ago, i've tried to figure things out on my own. It wasn't until a message about Jonah and God's calling him that i realized the direction my life is supposed to take. I've pondered many career paths, anywhere from computer engineer, to teaching, to full-time ministry, to graphic artist, to rock star, to financial advisor... i swear i have some form of ADD.
God spoke to me that Sunday. And i've never heard God's voice so clearly before. It's almost as if I lost all motivation, ambition, or passion for anything else but to serve God. I knew that God would call me to full-time ministry, but i just never knew when. And until now, i've been trying to fill this void with all those things i mentioned above. But now it seems so clear.
For someone as indecisive as me, it feels like there's been a huge burnden lifted off my back. I don't know the details of the next year or so, but I know that God is preparing me for something huge. And i want to live up to His expectations... and live out the life He planned for me. I've been on spiritual highs before... but somehow this feels different. I have direction now. A purpose... guidance... whatever you want to call it, it's assurance that God is with me.
I always thought "soul-searching" was something people did on tv. Usually it's somet kind of line that signals the end of a commitment, like quitting a job, or breaking up with a significant other...
"It's not you... it's me. I need to do a little... soul-searching."
I never thought that i might go on one of these journey's some day. As it turns out I didn't quit my job and i'm still more in love with Joanie than ever. So what's the occasion? Ever get that feeling...? That sudden existential crisis? What am i here for? What the heck am i doing right now? Am i fooling myself? Have i been doing what i really wanted for the past year or have i just been following some kind of path that has resulted from the various pressures coming from all different directions?
I guess it's nothing new. If you've read my blog more than once, you'll find that a lot of my posts centre around a common theme... that I am trying to figure out what to do with my life and this blog is a representation of the many thought processes that come and go.
Until about a week and a half ago, i've tried to figure things out on my own. It wasn't until a message about Jonah and God's calling him that i realized the direction my life is supposed to take. I've pondered many career paths, anywhere from computer engineer, to teaching, to full-time ministry, to graphic artist, to rock star, to financial advisor... i swear i have some form of ADD.
God spoke to me that Sunday. And i've never heard God's voice so clearly before. It's almost as if I lost all motivation, ambition, or passion for anything else but to serve God. I knew that God would call me to full-time ministry, but i just never knew when. And until now, i've been trying to fill this void with all those things i mentioned above. But now it seems so clear.
For someone as indecisive as me, it feels like there's been a huge burnden lifted off my back. I don't know the details of the next year or so, but I know that God is preparing me for something huge. And i want to live up to His expectations... and live out the life He planned for me. I've been on spiritual highs before... but somehow this feels different. I have direction now. A purpose... guidance... whatever you want to call it, it's assurance that God is with me.

1 Comments:
hey dave.
that is absolutely wonderful...keep up the trust in Him. He is with us always, I absolutely feel the same as you with the whole job/career thing....and like you said, you felt a burden lifted off? Well I think God is working in the lives of those around us. He is certainly with us and I know great things will be in store for us.!
Post a Comment
<< Home