bleah...
yikes, it's been a while... i wonder if people still read this... hm?
a lot's changed since my last posting... for starters, i didn't get the Scotiabank job, although anyone reading this right now probably knows that already... I thought of more amusing Rogers stories, but then i forgot them... and now i have a job with CIBC in Toronto.
I haven't started yet... i have about a month to tie up loose ends and get myself ready for something that i've always pseudo-dreaded... moving to Toronto. It's not just the angry leafs fans, or the seemingly perpetually congested roads and highways, or even the fact that big cities scare me. It's the fact that i must uproot myself once again from home.
I've left home before... when i went to university. But this is different, i might not ever live in ottawa again, and some people i may never see again. To make matters even more difficult, it feels like i've just started to get my life together. I found a cell group i can go to regularly and feel like i've actually fellowshipped. I been leading worship in my home church for 6 months now and i'm gaining confidence. My band just started to get recognized we we're getting fans that actually AREN'T friends of friends or family members. And my dad is home from malaysia, maybe permanently. And now i have to leave.
Don't get me wrong, there are upsides to moving to Toronto, most notably, i get to be in the same city as Joanie. I don't know how much time we'll actually get to spend together, considering the hours i have to work. (4pm-12am), but we'll be together. Most of the friends i've made from university are in Toronto. And the job i have is apparently the gateway to many opportunities to build a successful career. So in many ways, moving to toronto almost seems like the right move in terms of getting my life together, regardless of what i have in ottawa.
i don't know... i should be excited, right?
a lot's changed since my last posting... for starters, i didn't get the Scotiabank job, although anyone reading this right now probably knows that already... I thought of more amusing Rogers stories, but then i forgot them... and now i have a job with CIBC in Toronto.
I haven't started yet... i have about a month to tie up loose ends and get myself ready for something that i've always pseudo-dreaded... moving to Toronto. It's not just the angry leafs fans, or the seemingly perpetually congested roads and highways, or even the fact that big cities scare me. It's the fact that i must uproot myself once again from home.
I've left home before... when i went to university. But this is different, i might not ever live in ottawa again, and some people i may never see again. To make matters even more difficult, it feels like i've just started to get my life together. I found a cell group i can go to regularly and feel like i've actually fellowshipped. I been leading worship in my home church for 6 months now and i'm gaining confidence. My band just started to get recognized we we're getting fans that actually AREN'T friends of friends or family members. And my dad is home from malaysia, maybe permanently. And now i have to leave.
Don't get me wrong, there are upsides to moving to Toronto, most notably, i get to be in the same city as Joanie. I don't know how much time we'll actually get to spend together, considering the hours i have to work. (4pm-12am), but we'll be together. Most of the friends i've made from university are in Toronto. And the job i have is apparently the gateway to many opportunities to build a successful career. So in many ways, moving to toronto almost seems like the right move in terms of getting my life together, regardless of what i have in ottawa.
i don't know... i should be excited, right?

2 Comments:
you'll learn to love it here.
....or else.
we'll miss you dave!!
Post a Comment
<< Home